Email2Fax allows registered users to send a fax from their preferred email client. Fax users can now simply attach a document to an email or just use the body of the email to send a fax.
Email2Fax allows registered users to send a fax from their preferred email client. Fax users can now simply attach a document to an email or just use the body of the email to send a fax. Once the fax has been delivered a confirmation email is sent back to the sender. For audit and tracking purposes the fax communication is also recorded in the users online Web2Fax profile. The Web2Fax service is merely the online interface of the local Email2Fax system and has more control plus added features.
Email2Fax is part of the complete digital faxing solution enabling users to send “Word”, “Excel”, “PDF”, “Text” & “Tiff” documents straight from any PC “Outlook” or Mac “Apple Mail” making the FaxWorx, fax service offering the most complete end to end solution giving you the added value of not needing a fax machine or fax line – saving you even more money.
Email2Fax and Web2Fax are both included in the free online registration, but before any faxes can be sent some airtime needs to be loaded. We always get the question why this is necessary and why the out bound fax service is not also for free as the Fax to Email service. The best way to explain this is to think of a fax as an outgoing call. When you make a call you have to pay for it. To send a fax by email users simply use the destination fax number as the email address, attach the document they want to fax and hit send.
The Emai2Fax service has a built in test service that allow you to test the fax service before loading any air time. When a new user registers, a 086 number is automatically generated and linked to the users email address. The 086 number is also the user name on the fax system. Using the 086 fax number that was allocated with registration, users can now go through the motions of how to send a fax and get a feel for the system by sending a test fax to themselves.
Here is a quick guide on how to test the Gmail2Fax service for FREE. “Gmail account required for Gmail2Fax to work”
1. Sign Up for a free fax to email account with FaxWorx. Activation and verification of email address is required. Check your Gmail account for activation email.
2. To test the Gmail2Fax service for FREE you can send yourself test faxes on the 086 number that you received when you registered for the free fax to email service.
3. In your Gmail account create a new email, in the TO: field simply place your own 086 fax number followed by the faxing server “faxemail.co.za”. For example firstname.lastname@example.org
4. You can attach any documents if needed to send along in the fax. (Max 500k/document)
5. You can include a cover page message by entering text in the subject line and body of the email.
6. Click SEND and your test fax is on its way! No busy dial tones, just one click and you are finished!
Email2Fax allows registered users to send “Word”, “Excel”, “PDF”, “Text” & “Tiff” documents straight from any email client. Once the documents have been attached and all the steps in sending an email fax has been completed the fax is received by the FaxWorx fax server. The fax server looks up the account of the sender through the linked email address and checks for available funds. If the account is in the green the fax server sends out the attached documents to the specified fax number. Once delivered successfully a confirmation email is sent back to the sender and all activity is also recorded in the online Web2Fax interface.
For pricing please see the Rates/Pricing section of the website.